Why Consider a Windproof Jacket ?
You might think that the most useful garment for a runner is a waterproof jacket. But even the most breathable waterproof jacket available will get damp inside quite quickly due to the sweat you are producing when running. So you are going to get damp as a runner whatever you wear when it rains.
It is better to make a compromise and go for a windproof jacket. The benefits of this are:
- It is more breathable so will suffer less from dampness generated by sweat
- It will keep you dry in a shower
- It will protect you from the wind which is the main cause of getting cold
- It will be light and pack down small so you can carry it in your running pack "just in case"
- It costs less than a waterproof